This thoroughly revised and enhanced edition of Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World introduces the story of salvation as it unfolds in both the Old Testament and New Testament. The text provides a thorough plan for reading and studying the Bible and gives students a general knowledge and appreciation of Sacred Scripture through which they encounter Jesus Christ.
Theologically rich and challenging, yet accessible to students of all catechetical backgrounds, Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World (Second Edition) offers an inspiring, new pedagogical presentation rooted in several opportunities for engaging, learning, mastering, and applying course content to promote lasting knowledge of the core elements required in Course I of the USCCB curriculum framework.
Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World supports Course I of the USCCB Curriculum Framework and is a part of the Encountering Jesus series. It is also suitable for schools teaching a one-semester Scripture course or an Introduction to the Catholic Faith course in both high schools and parish religious education programs.
Developed in collaboration with experts in theology, catechesis, and pedagogy, Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World includes a number of new features as part of an innovative design, including:
- Chapter Focus Questions: Each chapter’s main idea is posed as a question to the student to provide a broader context in which new ideas can be integrated and understood.
- Infographics: A wide variety of visual and interactive designs throughout the text help students understand theological concepts in ways they will remember.
- Currents Events: Each chapter opens with a story from the contemporary world that teens can relate to their own lives.
- Educational Photos: Images throughout the text have been carefully chosen not only to illustrate the chapter but for teachers and students to use as educational tools.
- Note-Taking Graphic Organizers: Designed to help students organize, summarize, and sequence the text, various types of organizers were customized for every section of the book.
- Section Assessments: Each section includes pedagogically designed assessment questions with labels that show how the questions serve a variety of different learning styles.
- Online Resources: As always, teachers can access a wide variety of online resources at the Ave Maria Press website, including videos, PowerPoints, handouts, crossword puzzles, reading guides, and tests.
The enhanced digital edition of Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World includes exclusive access to videos from the Apostleship of Prayer, America Media, Catholic Relief Services, the Congregation of Holy Cross, and Word on Fire Catholic Ministries. These videos enrich the written text with expert explanations of key theological concepts, sacred people, and sacred places by Bishop Robert Barron, Dr. John Bergsma, Rev. Kevin Grove, C.S.C., Rev. James Kubick, S.J., and Rev. James Martin, S.J.
(© 2016) In conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the USCCB Curriculum Framework.
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World (Teacher’s Manual) [Second Edition]$44.95
5 Minutes with Christ$13.95
Bible Basics for Catholics$15.95
31 Days to Becoming a Better Religious Educator$10.95
Foundations of Catholic Social Teaching: Living as a Disciple of Christ (Student Text)$28.95
Jesus and the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Student Text)$28.95
New Testament Basics for Catholics$16.95
Christ in the Classroom$12.95