Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Second Edition) helps students recognize the living presence of God's Incarnate Son in the Seven Sacraments, especially in the Eucharist. Organized around three dimensions of the sacraments—Understanding, Celebrating, and Grace—the text unpacks the origins, rites, and effects of the Seven Sacraments in a spiral design that follows a common structure from chapter to chapter.
The text provides a thorough coverage of core theological content listed in the Secondary Level Protocol of the USCCB curriculum framework for Course V in a pedagogically appealing way. The text is intellectually stimulating, but also accessible to students of all types of learning styles and skills, and who enter this course with varying backgrounds in theology.
Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Second Edition) is part of the most complete and encompassing support package to aid teachers in presenting the material for Course V of the USCCB curriculum framework. This includes lesson materials and planning guides in an east-to-follow Teacher's Wraparound Edition and the most extensive and helpful collection of online teacher and student support resources available.
This is a textbook primarily for first-semester juniors enrolled in a Catholic high school. It serves as the core textbook for a course Sacraments as Privileged Encounters with Christ as specified by Course V of the USCCB’s doctrinal framework.
Developed in collaboration with experts in theology, catechesis, and pedagogy, Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Second Edition) includes a number of new features as part of an innovative design, including:
- Chapter Focus Questions: Each chapter’s main idea is posed as a question to the student to provide a broader context in which new ideas can be integrated and understood.
- Infographics: A wide variety of visual and interactive designs throughout the text help students understand theological concepts in ways they will remember.
- Currents Events: Each chapter opens with a story from the contemporary world that teens can relate to their own lives.
- Educational Photos: Images throughout the text have been carefully chosen not only to illustrate the chapter but for teachers and students to use as educational tools.
- Note-Taking Graphic Organizers: Designed to help students organize, summarize, and sequence the text, various types of organizers were customized for every section of the book.
- Section Assessments: Each section includes pedagogically designed assessment questions with labels that show how the questions serve a variety of different learning styles.
- Online Resources: As always, teachers can access a wide variety of online resources at the Ave Maria Press website, including videos, PowerPoints, handouts, crossword puzzles, reading guides, and tests.
Download the Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments Scope and Sequence.
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
Jesus and the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Student Text)$28.95
31 Days to Becoming a Better Religious Educator$10.95
Called to Teach$14.95